
Day 46
Today held not too much in the way of inspiration for me. My sweet husband was the encouraging factor to not give up on this project. He told me to take a picture of something that I may look at everyday and not appreciate how much I really do enjoy it. These two pieces of Delft Blue hang on the wall of our bedroom. We chose the color of the walls because of its calming effects, and it happened to go really well with the Delft plate that Kevin brought home from his mission in Holland. We have been lucky enough to travel to some great places with Kevin's job, and one of our favorite places is the island of St. Maarten in the Caribbean. Half of the island has French influences, and the other half has Dutch. There is a Delft store on the main shopping street and we picked up these pieces on two different trips. They are one of the first things I see as I wake up each morning, and I would be saddened not to see them hanging on my beautiful blue walls. Thanks Kevin for reminding me!
No comments:
Post a Comment